Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sunset Fabric Collage - Work in Progress

Many thanks to Janelle and Fausto for commissioning this fabric collage! I'm having so much fun with this one! Here's the vector graphic that I just finished. I'll use this as a pattern to cut out the fabric pieces.


Here are some pictures showing the steps I took to make the vector graphic.

reference photo I used

initial drawing from the reference photo

I drew some new plants (the first ones I drew just weren't doin' it for me.)

At 30 by 30 inches, this will be one of the biggest fabric collages I've done. I've always liked working on a large scale, and I'm excited to see how it turns out!

I'm also really enjoying the subject. It's rare for me to do landscapes, and it's actually pretty liberating! I'm allowing myself to have more of an abstract approach, focusing on the form and space rather than literally representing what's in the photo.

Yay! I label today a success! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment